Cantina Massara is located in the provence of Verduno, just north of Barolo and west of Alba. The vineyard was first started in the early 1900’s by Antrea Burlotto. His four sons – Gian Carlo, Francesco, Giacomo, and Sergio – followed him into the winemaking business, with Gian Carlo taking care of the winemaking, and his brothers caring for the vineyards. In 2013, Gian Carlo and his son, Gianluca, took over the winery and purchased vineyards in the Langhe area, bringing the total acreage of vineyards to 25. Most of the vineyards are dedicated to Nebbiolo, particularly the noted Massara vineyard, although Barbera, Dolcetto, and other local grapes are planted in smaller quantities.
Click the button below to download more information about this producer: